GLUR Bangkok Hostel Review

Wow it's been almost 2 month since my last visit to Bangkok, yet I still haven't review this hostel.

I decided to spend nights here because the other cheap accommodation near the center (Pratunam) is booked :( But as this hostel quite close to their BTS station, I choose this.

GLUR has 2 branch, one in central Pratunam and the other one in Saphan Taksin. Both are extremely cheap and okay for me to spend nights.

The bunk bed is a queen size bed so it fits for 2 person. The bed was comfy and clean. They also provide blanket and clean towels. But for me, the room it self is too cramped so it's hard for people to walk in the middle of the room. The storage itself is not numbered, so everyone can take it up to them and I ended up not using any because it can't accommodate my big luggage.



The surroundings of the hostel is great. We have massage parlor at the 1st floor and at night, there're lot of food stall opened in front of our hostel also people who sell cloth, socks, contact lenses, watched etc. Also they have Robinson (department store) just across our hostel with McDonalds, Starbucks, Swensens in it.



They serve breakfast on portion but it's free refill! If you think the portion is not enough, you can ask them for another one. For me, the breakfast is quite good because usually we only have bread and cereals. They also have coffee, complete with the creamer for your morning.


For amenities, they have hairdryer on each floor. But, sadly it only has 1 bathroom and 1 toilet on each floor. So if the room is packed up till 16 people, it'll be troublesome for you to queue for taking bath. Also the bathroom is a bit small, for me it's okay, but for big built body, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be difficult.

The hostel placed right beside Shangrila Hotel. It's just 2 minutes walk from BTS Saphan Taksin. So if you want to take river ride a lot, this place is good to cut the transportation cost. From Saphan Taksin pier, you can go to Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace, Asiatique and other river tourist attraction.

The room cost around USD 11 per night for the queen bed size bunk bed. It's cheap right? But if I'm about to go to Bangkok for another round, I might try their Pratunam branch ;)

Comments