In 2 Days, I Experience 2 Different Things From Malaysia and Indonesia

So hello?

For this post I'm gonna post something I experienced during my ultra brief visit to Kuala Lumpur, departing from Jakarta.

I depart from Soekarno Hatta, 8:50 AM with Garuda Indonesia. Thank GOD the gate for my flight is at Gate 10 (Terminal 3) so the gate was just right after the Immigration. Last time I fly with Air Asia and they use Gate 1 which is THE END OF THE TERMINAL it took me 20 minutes walk!

This is my first Garuda experience since 2010 I guess? Because I often use low cost carrier for my flight hehe. Last time was great, I really love the service and food (of course)


The waiting room in CGK Terminal 3 is slightly better, it's really convenient and spacious. But I noticed that it's a bit unorganized (?) For the placement of the restaurants, duty free shop and others. Idk but I don't feel it's a good one compared to Changi.


They served us food on plane and I choose Pasta with Beef. I used to love Garuda's food due to it's tasty taste but this time it's a bit minus from me. The sauce was not even there.. it's a plain pasta and meatballs :( BUT! The on flight entertainment is more updated than Malaysia Airlines (which I rode with on the next day) I can watch 'The Greatest Showman' on the plane.

On November 1, I'm going back to Jakarta with Malaysia Airlines. As we need to go to our gate, we must use the aerotrain. I actually like their building but once again there're only few place to sit because we can't go inside the waiting room before boarding. I also noticed that every time I went to KLIA, they open the gate for the waiting room late from the actual time.

So, on my flight back, I actually wanted to continue the movie 'The Greatest Showman' on plane but sadly they still not having it on plane :(


As for the food. Wow I really liked it? It's chicken rice with vegetables. The chicken was so hugeee tho. So for this time... I like MAS food more than GA.

Also noticed that the process from checking in to boarding is different.

Indonesia: Luggage check - Check In - Ticket check - Luggage check - Immigration- Boarding
Malaysia: Check in - Ticket check - Immigration - Luggage check - Luggage check - Boarding

I think Singapore has the same process as Malaysia.

BUT

For arrival. I really hate CGK Terminal 3. I think there's something is missing in the building plan, how could you put us from Gate 1 and must walk thru the loooong alley in the terminal to get into the Immigration? I've tried walking it took 20 minutes! It doesn't make any sense how u plan this airport.

While in KLIA, it's easier because of the aerotrain and just walk in minutes to get into the Immigration.

I think Angkasa Pura must do something to this arrival process in Terminal 3 because it's really... bad experience for the tourist who's arriving after flight and must walk thru the long way.

As airport is the 1st place, the face, having the 1st impression from the other tourists from other countries, they need to improve more I guess.


Comments